tisdag 16 oktober 2018

Some thoughts


When I am reserching the SS officers and use the Waffen-SS Führerliste from NARA, one thing strucks me. What I really think is how poor that list is, it shows only brief story as an Officer of the Waffen-SS. As an example I just finished the SS-Standartenführer Walter Harzer (RK Holder) in the Waffen-SS Führerliste it shows 4 assignments during the war, starting with SS-Rgt Deutschland in 1941 and ends with 4.SS-Polizei Division in 1945. Well he served there, that´s is a fact. But the truth is that he signed up to the SS in 1931 (13.SS-Stand) and came to the SS-Stand. Deutschland in 1934.
I also think it´s a pity that the list doesn´t show if the Officer was a member of the NSDAP, which I think show some more about the person.

It´s a pity that the US officer who compiled the Führerliste of the Waffen-SS for NARA didn´t looked more into the files he had in his possesion.

When you look at the final version of Walter Harzer wich I created you can see wich SS-Junkerschule he attended, And also that he one year after ending the SS-Junkerschule he got demoted to SS-Unterscharführer (Officer in the SD Hauptamt) almost one year later his rank to SS-Untersturmführer was restored.

what do you think?




Best regards
Georg

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar